I just thought that I would share this in case you were curious from my last Dave post.
A “significant purchase” is normally anything over $300.
Our bodies go through physiological changes when making
a significant purchase.
We all have that spoiled, red-faced, grocery store kid living
inside of us. His name is immaturity.
What To Do
Because you can always spend more than you make, you must develop a power over purchase by:
1. Waiting overnight before making a purchase.
2. Carefully considering your buying motives. No
amount of need equals contentment or fulfillment.
3. Never buying anything you do not understand.
4. Considering the “opportunity cost” of your money.
5. Seeking the counsel of your spouse.
“Almost any man
knows how to make
money, but not one in
a million knows how
to spend it.”
– Henry David
“For where your
treasure is, there your
heart will be also.”
– Matthew 6:21
“He who is impulsive
– Proverbs 14:29