Some of my greatest friendships have evolved through Bible Study groups. I hold particularly close to my heart a few college girlfriends that allowed me to deepen my relationship with God as they kept me accountable to serve Him. Our friendships today would not be the same without us being in a weekly Bible Study group together. I am certain of it. And, these friendships are the types of friendships that we need most in our lives.
The ladies in our Sunday School class have been talking on and off about starting a new Bible Study together, and I am reminded today that we have got to make this a priority sooner rather than later.
Why is a strong Bible Study group so important?
- Ladies praying for one another daily.
- Ladies loving one another as Christ first loved us.
- A time to be real and honest surrounded with ladies that will keep all of our struggles confidential.
- Accountability (when you want it and when you don’t)
What hurts a Bible Study?
- Talking too much about things that don’t matter.
- Failing to have our quiet time to prep for the study.
- Judgmental comments and thoughts
What is essential in a Bible Study group?
- A leader that will be praying for the ladies every day
- Good material to study
- Prayer time
- Time management
- Food & Laughing
I am praying to be revived through Bible Study soon, and I am praying the same for each reader. I promise, a great Bible Study group will be one of the biggest blessings – we must make time to share this journey with one another.